Why is my internet download manager not working anymore?

Akshay Kumar July 25, 2011

My internet download manager stopped working recently. I tried installing it again (newer version), but that also didn’t work. I also tried to use DAP, but it wasn’t accelerating the downloads.

I could download faster in Chrome than it. In IDM, when I start downloading, it writes Connecting, but after that nothing. The request times out after some time.

My friend is also having the same problem. I live in a university hostel where the internet is provided by the university via WLAN. My other friends are using IDM and it’s working fine.

Please help! I cant figure it out.

1. Amit

My idm shows connecting device under the "broadband connection" box.
    and does not take further action. what could be the reason and solution for it

2. majid baloch

why internet download manager not w0rking.it give password but i dont have password.

3. Momilan Sunuwar

IDM doesen't works in my computer or idm has blocked,how to reset again ?

4. Hemantbonde00

ive seen the same thing internet downloader works better with wilaN CABLE NOT WIFI

6. Ahmed11_noman

internet down load manager has been registered weith a fake serial numbar or the serial number has been blocked,IDM is existing.......... what can i do????

how m register IDM????

8. Niraj shah

did you find the solution of the problem you faced???

9. Santosh

Some registration was asked from IDM.Than stopped working.New installation even coldn't fix the problem.If it doesn't come FREE than why it has been provided earlier as FREE..!

• muhmmad nasir

my idm is blocked how he working solve my probliem

10. ksbwings

Hello, Akshay. I got u a link contain the lates IDM

how to use the software:

1) Set up the Software fully
    2)run "Unregister.IDM.reg", [remove all the registry file for old serial.]
    3)save the crack files in directory C:Program FilesInternet Download Manager   or any directory that u saved ur IDM software
    4) run the registry file of the crack

Ensure about the proxy setting, university usually renews their proxy to reduce the net usage in side campus.

You can use this extension(FlashGot as core) to make direct calls to an external downloader

1: Go to Customize and control google chrome
    2: Tools
    3: Extensions
    4:Get more extensions
    5: Download and install Download assistant
    6: Go back to extensions
    7: You will see download assistant clip options
    8: Slect IDM
    9: Save & close

• Akshay Kumar

It is already integrated to my Google Chrome.. it takes up all the Downloads from it.. But the Problem is the Download never starts.. It Keeps writing Connecting.. And Finally Connection times out..

sometime illegitimate copy of IDM can do this possible IDM server detect this and blocks, is like the trial version, after sometime will stop working.

you may have used wrong proxy server address in the idm (in Download>Options>Proxy tab )

• luvo

thanks..it work again..

• Johnpaul_omi

thanks it works...