How do I make my internal laptop microphone and speakers work with Skype?

Brittany Smith February 21, 2012

Every time I try to use skype the microphones and speakers that are built in the computer do not work. I’ve tried adjusting the settings and have checked to see if they are muted. They aren’t broken because I just got the laptop. The speakers work perfectly for Itunes and other websites and such, just not for Skype and video chatting.

1. Gus Cason

2. Raajah

Hi my friends, My HP Pavilion dv6 laptop's speaker and mic not working but if i restored system then it will working fine... i am using system is windows 7 ultimate.. please if know any body can help me..

Thank
    Best regards
    Rajasingam

3. awesome guy

make sure you set up what mic it should use to record. and make it come out of the speakers. mine was set for a headset