How can I integrated social networking into WordPress?

Paul Forbing August 9, 2012

I have a moderate amount of experience with WordPress. It’s easy to setup and maintain so I have most of my sites in WordPress. My problem is integration. I want to automate WordPress so that it pushes information to its corresponding social networking accounts, ie. Facebook, Twitter, Google+. I want to do this so that the people who need to add content only have to do it from one place. All the research online I have done has come up empty. I have not seen anything that said it isn’t possible though I haven’t seen anyone successfully do it yet either.

So the question(s)?

Is this possible and does anyone know how to do it?

Should I consider another approach to consolidate content entry?

Is there another program that would accomplish these goals for me? something similar to tweetdeck but includes WordPress and/or Google+

1. Nancy Messieh

There's another tool that's worth mentioning but it does things in a slightly different order to what you mentioned. Using the Google+ WordPress plugin allows you to automatically post your Google+ posts to your WordPress blog. You could then use Jame's suggestion of the WP to Twitter plugin to get that content out onto Facebook and Twitter.

2. dhanunjayarao chunduri
  3. Alex Downs

Use, set it up so every blog post is put on twitter, facebook, etc.

4. Areeb Majeed

There are many WP Plugins.

5. Umair Adil

There are hell lot of plugins to integrate social networking on your wordpress blog.

6. April Eum

try using publicize, it's one of the best integrating social network sites.

7. Justin Pot

I have to add to what James said: it's possible to automate this, but for social networks to really work well you need a human touch. Pushing out headlines starts to feel like spam, so take the time to do things yourself if you can.

Otherwise, the tools mentioned here could work. IFTTT also integrates with WordPress and can connect to Twitter, Facebook and more.

Facebook and Twitter are easy enough: try to the "WP to twitter" plugin and the more recent official Facebok integrator for WordPress:

Google plus is not currently possible to autopost, as far as I know.

Bear in mind that autoposting everything will be considered spam by many, and I for one would block your site, unfollow you and unfriend you.

• Paul Forbing

I think this might work. I will try it out.

I understand the spam aspect. The website in question though is for a restaurant and the purpose is to announce menu changes and new drink specials, etc. So the auto-posting would be kept to a minimum.

9. Daniel Escasa

I'm not sure I understand your question, apologies in advance if you don't find this useful.

RSS Graffiti should work. Search for it on Facebook. Updating your FB status should be straighforward with it. For Google+ and Twitter, try wikiHow's instructions at and

Disclaimer: I've tried only RSS Graffiti for updating my FB status. I haven't tried wikiHow's instructions.

"Personalized homepage" is dead, and has nothing to do with G+.

• Daniel Escasa

Thanks, should teach me to look closer :). I found a service called Twoogleplus, but users have raised security concerns. It asks for you Google password. You have been warned. I myself would just wait for Google to publish their APIs for posting to G+, and just manually update my Google+ status manually in the meantime.

10. gpvprasad

for publicize
    and if you are using self hosting
    I would prefer look for help.