Why does installing Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 cause a ‘registry change’ warning from Adaware?

Nofooling August 26, 2010

I have attempted to install Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 and get a warning about a registry change from Adaware. When I deny the change, the program won’t install. Why should it require a registry change?

Can you please be more specific what type of warning this is. Is it a general 'program wants to change registry' warning or is this installation trying to make a specific change that triggers a warning from Ad-Aware?

In fact, every program installation results in registry changes. The registry is a database and these changes are necessary, which you have witnessed when you denied them. Maybe you first need to understand what the Windows Registry is to understand why these changes are necessary.

Are you not getting this warning when you try to install other software?