How can I install WordPress plugins?

Jonah June 11, 2011

I am new here and I am glad I found this website. Very informational especially the free resources you have.

I need your help. How do you install WordPress plugins? I just recently bought a domain and mapping directly from WordPress, but I noticed I do not have any plugin options.

Jonah, by the sounds of it you are just redirecting the domain to a WordPress.com account. In that case, you cannot install just any plugin through FTP, you must go through the wordpress admin interface. You should have a link on your admin sidebar, where you can "Add new". 

If you want complete freedom to install whateevr plugins you wish, you'll need to get yourself some hosting and run a copy of wordpress from wordpress.org

2. jhpot

Did you set your website up at WordPress.com? If so, you cannot make use of plugins. You'll have to get a self-hosted WordPress site for that. 

For this you will need to purchase hosting elsewhere and install WordPress manually. We've got an (outdated) manual explaining how; an updated version is coming this summer.