How to install WiPro 7B1650 in Windows 8?

Bishwajit October 3, 2014

Hello, I’m looking for an audio driver for a laptop. It’s for a a WiPro model-7b1650.

When I mailed WiPro’s customer care they said that this audio driver is not tested on Windows 8.

Now what should I do? Is it possible to get the audio driver working in Windows 8?

Hello, have you tried uninstalling the driver and then restart computer? When you do this, windows will automatically install a driver for it. That might fix your problem.

Another possibility is by trying to install the driver in compatibility mode. Do they have a driver for windows 7? if they do, that might do the trick

• Bishwajit

I have tried it is not working.. anything else..

you can check audio driver for windows 7 and install it under windows 7 compatibility.
    1. Download the driver installation file on the Desktop.
    2. Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties then click the Compatibility Tab.
    3. Check The Box Run This Program In Compatibility Mode For: Select Windows 7 from the drop down menu
    3. Click Apply then OK.
    4. Right Click the Driver file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

• Bishwajit

it is not even tested on windows 7. drivers are available only for XP. now what should i do??

well then use the windows xp driver and run it under windows xp sp3 compatibility

• Bruce E

It is not a good idea to use Win XP drivers under Vista or later, even if it will install in compatibility mode. It is likely to cause BSOD or otherwise render the system unstable. You are better off using one of the default drivers in Windows in that case.

when i mailed the customer care the replied that windows eight is not tested on this model(this may b because this lappy is little old model) so they dont hav the audio driver for this lapy which will run on windows 8.. i will b grateful if anyone plzz tell me how to get a audio driver for this lapy.. because its sounding very bad.. both on speakers n earphones..