How can I install a Windows 7 theme on Windows XP?

sunil June 1, 2011

Where can I find that ViGlance OneStep.exe file? I am not able to find that and because of that I am not able to install Windows 7 theme. Please help!

1. Elyzsabeth Ahne

Please, just wondering--would installing this theme slow down XP on a netbook?
    I have XP only on a netbook now.

• Susendeep Dutta

Yes.It will slowdown your netbook as such things requires you to have a good amount of graphics memory,high speed processor and more RAM(atleast 2GB).

• Saptashwa

If I have no running applications (or only a IM client), it takes around
        650 MB. If you open Opera, that would go up to 850 or 900 MB with 10 or
        15 tabs open.

• Saptashwa

It shouldn't slow down your netbook by much. If I have no running applications (or only a IM client), it takes around 650 MB. If you open Opera, that would go up to 850 or 900 MB with 10 or 15 tabs open.

• Susendeep Dutta

In other words he has to sacrifice max. number of running programs for his theme to run in his netbook.

Sunil,

I assume that your question refers to this article How To Install Cool Windows 7 Theme Downloads For Windows XP.

You can find the ViGlance OneStep executable file in the ViGlance ZIP archive, which you can download from Lee-Soft.

However, you do not need this file to install the whole theme. ViGlance only adds a SuperBar to your Windows XP, so it's not essential.

Please let us know whether this answers your question and whether you were able to install the theme.