How can I install Windows 7 on a computer where the Boot Manager is missing?

Aashish January 12, 2012

I tried to install Windows 7 OS but after formatting previous OS there was error in installing new OS. So i tried to re-install using new CD but every time I reboot my PC it says ‘BOOTMRG is missing’ and doesn’t boot through CD. Anyone know how to re-install new Windows 7 OS in it?

Hello, make sure to change boot order to CD/DVD in your BIOS.  Because you have the installation DVD, why don't you create a bootable USB flashdrive with windows 7 on it?  Just use yumi.  By the way, if you create bootable USB drive, make sure to boot computer from it:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

Keep in mind that if you are succesfull installing windows 7, you will probably have to clean your boot manager from failed installations.

If it says bootmgr is missing, you're not actually booting from the install cd, you're just booting from the corrupt windows install. Be sure to go into your BIOS and set the boot order to be CD first, or it;'s never going to install. 

well unless the dvd is corrupted or not genuine, formatting the hard drive and reistall should solve the problem.