Can I install the Whatsapp application on my PC?

Kunal Kakkad July 31, 2012

Hey can anyone help me to guide for installing and using Whatsapp on my laptop?

how can i get whasapp application to installed on my laptop?free browsing using mtn in ghana

2. pam pam

Did you get whatsapp on your laptop ?

3. amol patil

4. neetpatel

download an application called
    BLUESTAKCS so you can use whats app on your pc and all the other android applications too

• desire

yea it was helpful.......thnx guys

5. Kartik

It's easy with bluestacks. This guide here was helpful --

6. Susan R Wing

Yes u can install pc version of whatsapp on ur laptop...

7. Roshan lal chouhan

i want to use whatsapp in my pc.

8. Vivek

please give me a link for download a whats app application on pc

9. sharath

check the above link and follow simple 4 steps :)

10. Abhishek Agrawal

Hi, as whatapp is an application that recognizes your phone number as your unique identity, so there is no such application of whatsapp for your system/PC.

11. amaan

i like whatsapp

12. Piyush

download an application called

• Vinay

I tried Youwave which did not help me at all. The app does not send any messages to the mobile. But Blue stacks works really great. The moment i entered mobile number, the verification message came. I am happy using Whats App with Biuestacks!!!

• Sarah Omar

hey there, does bluestacks work on windows xp?

No,it runs only on Windows 7 and Vista.

13. Adjei Kofi

try using YouWave

14. Charlie Player
    check here

15. Jayen Lapez

of course man..hehe just follow the procedures properly and you'll be successful.

16. Janeesh VJ

Whatsapp is one of the most popular cross-platform messaging app available across iOS, Android, Blackberry & Symbian S60 platforms. And these phones can message each other irrespective of which OS they are running (unlike the hugely popular BBM which only works across Blackberry devices). Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends.

In addition to basic messaging ? iPhone, Android, Nokia and BlackBerry WhatsApp Messenger users can send each other unlimited images, video and audio media messages.

But in case you don`t have a data plan on your mobile or want to chat with long texts , then you definitely wish you could use it on your laptop or PC. While there is no official WhatsApp application available for Windows PCs , you can still use it by applying a workaround thanks to TrNaSe from XDA-developers. Lets have a look at how to do that and get chatting with your friends in minutes:
    Pre-requisites to run WhatsApp Android on Windows PC

Any Android Emulator ? we will use YouWave in this case ( This is a paid application, but Google is our friend ?)
    WhatsApp.apk ? you can download it from the WhatsApp website ? here
    or get it through Titanium Backup on your Android phone (provided you have created a backup)

How to use WhatsApp on a Windows PC

Download and install YouWave on your windows machine
    Run YouWave ( First Run may take some time to initialize) then Click on Help » Instructions to see the path of your working directory
    Now copy the WhatsApp.apk file in to the directory OR you can also download it within the emulator through Android AppStore.
    Click on View » Redraw Icons and you will see WhatsApp shortcut
    Configure WhatsApp on Windows PC
    Run WhatsApp on YouWave by double clicking it
    Register using mobile phone (Use a phone number other than the one that is already registered with WhatsApp) and Proceed for verification
    You may not be able to verify using SMS so wait till it asks for call verification
    You will now get call from WhatsApp (On the phone number you used for registration, so make sure you have that phone handy) for the verification code which you need to enter on screen

Thats it.

• kunal

hey all of u thanks a lot lot for replying to my post...
      bt i m unable to use whatsapp on my laptop although after following the steps defined by u all guyss..
      When i try to open whatsapp on youwave it gives me the error like this: "Android OS not ready. Please try after sometime"
      So frnds What to do for that????

• Sarah Omar

same problem here.... what do i have to do now??

• Langa kaula

it keeps saying something abt me n having to use only one phone number one one whatsapp yet im using the same number tht i normaly use on my phone and whatsapp called me n gave me the code but yet it does nt want me to invite and chat instead it keeps making me do the same thing over n over again it only allowed me to cht once with one person why is it giving me problems

• eric murphy

how can i install it

• Anil Joshi

I am facing troubles with installing whatsApp for my PC. I tried it using Bluestacks, but while installing the software I get some error and it never finishes the installation. I would be glad if you could help me out with this. Moreover, I have Windows 7 installed on my PC.

Anil Joshi

Could you provide some more specific details of that error so that you could get specific answer?

17. dinnac4t

1. You will need an emulator such as YouWave, you can get it here:
    2. You'll also need WhatsApp.apk ? you can download it from the WhatsApp site:
    3. Download and install YouWave on your laptop.
    4. Run YouWave (may take some time at first) then click Help > Instructions to see the path of your working directory.
    5. Copy the WhatsApp.apk file in to the directory or you can download it within the emulator via Android AppStore.
    6. Click on View > Redraw icons and you will see WhatsApp shortcut.
    7. Configure WhatsApp on Windows PC.
    8. Double click WhatsApp on YouWave.
    9. Register using mobile phone (use number NOT already registered for WhatsApp).
    10. You may not be able to verify by text, so wait for call verification
    11. WhatsApp will call on that number you provided and will recite the verification code to enter on the screen.
    12. You're done.

• amit

you see,i'm having a problem. they were supposed to call me. but i'm not getting any call from them.

• var

same problem here....any solutions??

18. ferdinan Sitohang

Here is another one from

There are installation guides for it here.

• Âdil Farôôq

Thanks really helpful

• ATHEER

THANKS MAN !