Is it possible to install Ubuntu 12.04.1 on a 16GB pendrive?
Question by Overlod Eyser /

I want to install Ubuntu on my pendrive but I don’t know if it is possible. If it is, what’s a great pen drive for this purpose?

• fallen heart

Yes you can make it bootable pendrive. unetbootin on linux or usbimage writer on linux and linuxlive on windows.

• shaju

I have installed 12.4 ubuntu on both 4&16 gb usb flash drives. Both boot trouble free. Only needs to locate the start up drive as usb.

• Declan Lopez

yes, any flash drive should work. you can use unetbootin to install ubuntu to the flash drive and set persistence so it will save changes you make

• Arun Vishnu

very easily.first partition your p[endrive and install it

• Vishal Srivastava

Its pretty easy to do so. Use unetbootin if you don’t want to install other OS on the same drive and Yumi (http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/) if you want to. 2GB pendrive is all you need.

• Adriel Tan

Sure! UnetBootin, is a tool that works very well. As far as thumbdrives go, just get a fast thumbdrive from famous and good brands (sandisk,toshiba,kingston…). Do note that the BIOS must be able to boot from USB thumdrives, if not it will not work.

• Timothy Liem

I installed Ubuntu 12.04 on 4 GB pendrive and it ran well. so, you can do it.

• Declan Lopez

yes you can, you can use unetbooin and install to any flash drive you want. i have it installed on a 16gb kingston flash drive with 10gb of persistence so i can save changes when i use it again

• Mitesh Chudasama

Hii there,
    Yeah, ubuntu need minimum 4.4 gb space for install.

• Abba Jee

yes it is possible :)