How can I install a touchpad driver on an Acer laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate?

Herman Lariosa October 18, 2010

Since my Acer laptop was upgraded from Windows 7 Starter to Windows Ultimate, my touchpad is not working properly anymore. How can I install a proper driver to make it work again?

1. jhpot

I'd check out the Device Manager. Right-click your computer in the start menu, then click "Properties." You'll see a "Device Manager" button in the left sidebar.

Find your touchpad mouse here, then right-click it. Click "Uninstall" to remove the current drivers. Restart your computer and Windows should take care of the rest!

just make sure you're connected to the internet. Windows might need to connect to the internet to download the driver.

• Herman

Thank you for replying for my inquiry, I do what you have instructed to me, but the same my touch pad is still not working properly. It can not enlarge nor scroll.