How do I install Microsoft Office 2007 to my new computer?
Question by sarathi /

How can I install a free download of Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 to my new Windows 7 64-bit system?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , .
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Mac OS X & Software
Mac OS X & Software
Mac Switchers
Mac Switchers

Hello, excuse me for asking the obvious…..Do you have office 2007 already installed?  If you do, you could install Office service pack 2.  If you do not, having the office service pack 2 will not help you because it will not install the office 2007 package.  The service pack 2 installs on top of the original installation of office 2007. 

If you downloaded the file manually, navigate to folder where your downloaded file was saved and run the executable file.  You can accomplish this by double clicking on the file with .exe extension at the end.  Best way to get the service pack 2 if you have office installed, is by checking in Microsoft update.  Once Microsoft update detects the installation of office 2007, it will update any file for that program that you are missing.  By the way, any service pack for windows is free as long as your software/operating system passes the genuine verification.

This is only a Service Pack file not an Office bundle ~ it’s an update for an already installed Office suite.

As Jeff pointed out at this point you can only download a trial of Office 2010.

• Jeff

Hi Sarathi,

I was unable to locate Microsoft Office 2007, it seems they want you to use 2010 instead.

You may download Microsoft Office 2010 here. Click the green “Try It Free” button.

Service Pack 1 is available here. The service pack will automatically install in Windows update, granted Windows updates are configured to automatically install.

– Jeff