How can I install Mac OX S on an Asus P5G41T-M LX?

tariq September 29, 2011

I bought a new Asus P5G41T-M LX motherboard with Intel Core2Duo 2.33 and 2GB RAM.

I tried to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD, but it doesn’t work. My PC restarts. I’ve tried to use -v -f -x or cpus=1 cpus=2 command and iBoot.

Please help me, I want to install Mac OS X.

1. Tariq_ali730

not working same problem i have 4 mac os x diff-rent working iso on other system .

help me please... 

Tariq_ali730, I'm afraid we already gave you all the help and information we possibly can.
      With a problem that is hardware specific there is a limit in help we can provide ~ we have reached that limit.

If you did follow our advice and searched through the other discussion boards you should have come across one of the following informations here, here and here.

There are step by step instructions for your motherboard and various boot parameters which may help to get it working. 

If neither of them work you should ask for help there or deal with the possibility that it might not be possible to run Mac OS X on your system.

2. Tariq_ali730

bro i successfully install mac on virtual box but wen i want to clean install i have problem 

the problem is  insert the mac os x DVD when system restart pres F8 press enter or other command like -v -f -x my pc restart please help.

Installing Mac OS X in a Virtual Box and installing it on actual hardware are two very different things

a reboot loop on OSx86 can be caused by several things:

1. wrong BIOS settings
      start your computer, press DEL to enter your BIOS 
      - set SATA mode to AHCI
      - enable ACPI 2.0
      - enable XD-Bit for your CPU (if available)
      save the changes and reboot

2. wrong startup options for OSX
      again, try all the stuff like "-v -x cpus=1", "-v -f -x cpus=1" etc...

3. a bad Installation DVD
      try to burn the OSx86 DVD again with lower speeds e.g. 2x/4x
      try re-downloading the OSx86 DVD and burn it

Again, these are general troubleshooting steps ~ I don't have your hardware, I can't test what will work for your motherboard.

3. Tariq_ali730

Not working  need more help 

- check your BIOS settings (SATA mode, power management)
      - try different Kernel extensions during installation
      - try the various drivers, patches and fixes that apply to your hardware
      - try a different bootloader
      - try a different OSx86 distribution (iATKOS, iDeneb, JaS)

As we already pointed out there are various threads regarding your motherboard on the dedicated hackintosh communities where you can find all of this information.

I also have to agree with Sonny that you will certainly get more helpful responses at either the tonymacx86 or Insanelymac forum.

We obviously don't have your hardware lying around therefor we cannot provide step by step information what is necessary to get it working ~ if that's possible at all.

4. Tariq_ali730

bro problem is motherboard not booting properly to mac os x  
    i am using this mac os x DVD on other intel system 

• Sonny Bass

Have you read through the forum at tonymacx86? Whether you have or not, I am sure you would be more likely to get a helpful response by asking a question on that forum. I would read the forum to make sure it hasn't been asked and answered.

• Sonny Bass

Out of curiosity I went to the tonymacx86blogspot, my first link, and on the main page used the search box to search your motherboard.There were numerous hits. You should have researched your hardware before attempting a hackintosh.  Your motherboard is not one of the recommended and will be a pain in the ass to try to make and keep working. 

5. Sonny Bass
  6. Mulder

If you're using a pirated copy of Mac OS X, that alone is a crime, so you have no business asking for help in installing something you don't own. At the same time, doing so violates the license agreement, as well as earning you no support.

Even if you were to get it installed, not everything will work, and Apple updates the OS frequently, so any update can instantly make it unusable.

If you wanted Mac OS X, you should have just bought a Mac, but instead you want to do something illegal to get a benfit without paying.

If you really want to use Mac OS X you should consider buying a Mac. 

As always I suggest to look into the OSx86 Wiki and search the InsanelyMac Forum because they offer tons of information on this topic in general and the motherboard you mentioned.