How can I install Linux on Windows XP?

crazy rag August 6, 2010

I want to install Linux Utumbu on Windows XP. I downloaded the program, but it is not possible to boot from CD. How can I overcome this problem?

When you boot your computer, you will see a message to press a button to enter setup or boot options. Press one of them depending on your motherboard and move CD/DVD, Optical Drive to above Hard Drive. Then it will boot from the CD first before your harddrive.

I duel booted linux and Windows XP, and I installed Ubuntu first to load GRUB, then installed XP. In XP, i then installed another program that let me view the partitioned linux drive.

If you want instructions, let me know.

2. nm

I would echo Josh - the easiest way to install Linux is using Wubi.

Can you boot from a USB? Cause if you can another option is to create a bootable USB using unetbootin
    http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

3. Josh Fox

If you want to install it inside Windows, you can use Wubi, which will load when you put the cd in with Windows running. If there is a problem with the disk, you could use Virtual Clone Drive to load the iso file.