How can I install a laptop screen on a PC?

james February 13, 2011

How can I recuperate a used laptop screen and install it on a PC?

I am afraid the plugs used to connect the lcd to the laptop are different than the ones used by a pc. Trying a conversion like this can be a really expensive project. If you have the resources and the time, you can try it but there are no guarantees that it will work. You will need to research and find out if there are any lcd kits that provide the right adapters. Hope it helps

In most cases it's going to be more expensive than buying a new 24" display.

Laptop LCD's are using a different signal than monitors and connect to the graphics card via a converter board.
      Unless you are lucky enough to find a compatible "Kit" on ebay the converter boards usually cost ~100$ excluding the external power supply needed.

You should be able to get everything together for under 150$ but this means having bare electronics lying around - no mintor casing or stand.

• James

Thanks a lot Mike

• Jamesdcsi

Thank you FIDELIS for your answer