How can I install iTunes without being the Administrator on my computer?
Question by Dandu Rajeev /

I want to install iTunes. But the computer is telling that I have to be Administrator to do that!

I don’t know the admin password. But I want iTunes for my iPod device. Please tell me how can I install iTunes without being an administrator.

Thank You.

• Todd

click “Run” instead of “Save” it worked for me.

• boy ice

i don’t no how to install witouth administrator

• Samriddhi Dutta

Tagged: administrator rights, install issue, install software, itunes

if the computer is not yours or you are in school, company then you have to talk to the administrator.
      installing unauthorised software is a disciplinary offence, you can have problems.

iTunes has to install an helper agent and drivers for i-Devices in order to detect them.

Even if you did manage to install it without administrative I’m not sure you would be able to sync an iPod.

• Jplusser

im having the same issue i just need the password that the computer technicians use when someone forgets thier password and has to unlock it for them

• Guest

Sometimes the admin set a password for the account “Administrator” 
    It is possible

• Jennifernavarro2432

wow. O_o

• Jeffery Fabish

Mulder, that’s obviously not his only option here. 

Dandu, is hacking the administrator an option? You can use OPHCrack to find the administrators password. Simply download OPHCrack and burn it to a disk, then put it in the disk drive and reboot. Chose to boot from the disk and you can crack the password there. Read more on this method here. I recommend this method since you can retrieve the password without having to change it (therefor the admin won’t know it happened). 

There are a variety of methods of hacking a Windows account, read about them here.
    If you’re using Windows XP, reboot in safe mode and login as “administrator”, this is a built in account with administrative privileges (go figure). If the installer permits it, you should be able to install this software using this account. However, some installers prevent installation via safemode.

lol. Now all of the kids in his school are going to be running that!

• Mulder

You can’t do that. Why don’t you just ask the Administrator to enter the password for you? That’s really the only option here.

• rm1996

what about it your at school and u try to do it? dont think they will let u then.

Dandu,

what operating system or version of Windows are you using?

Chances are, that the Administrator password is blank. Try to run the itunes.exe file as Administrator (right-click file and select Run as…) and when asked for a password, leave the field blank.