How can I install my Intellitype Pro in Windows 7?

Brian July 17, 2010

I have a MS Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and I can’t get the Intellitype Pro software to install.

Yesterday I was using a different version of it with my MS Natural Multimedia Keyboard, but I switched keyboards and the 4000 needs a different version of the software. After I downloaded the newest version 7.1 it says error 1603, during the installation process and then something like: the installation has to stop because of a problem and for me to check that my computer meets the requirements printed on the side of the box – it does easily.

I have uninstalled all past versions of the software, used Microsoft’s Windows Installer cleanup tool, ran CCleaner, rebooted, downloaded the latest version, 7.1, ran an anti virus scan, antispyware scan too. I deleted any leftovers on my hard drive and registry and still it won’t install. I’ve even tried to roll back to an older version with no luck and I have the newest version of my MOBO’s BIOS. I have also tried to use System Restore to go back before I deleted the older software and plug my older keyboard back in and that doesn’t work. So now I’m totally screwed.

Windows does recogonizes the keyboard and the basic functions work including a couple of the predefined hotkeys like Web/Home and Calculator, but none of the other hotkeys work. Windows Update doesn’t help either.
Can you ?

You should check out the following link Microsoft Support Forums. Some people there have got it to work.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/fi-FI/w7hardware/thread/6b2c83ed-6f6a-4ba3-9061-2bc51f09d48f