Why can’t I install iAtkos L2 on my computer?

starboy November 26, 2011

I want to install iAtkos L2 on a PC with an Intel DG41RQ motherboard, but this board doesn’t support SATA AHCI. I’ve tried to change BIOS settings, but each time when installation starts an error shows up when installation says 11 minutes are remaining. The error says “Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer.” I already have Snow Leopard running, and sound and LAN are working perfectly, on the graphics are a problem. I want to install Lion on it but I don’t want to lose Snow Leopard. Please help!

1. Alshe Dupur

@0ab76a3d8b5c305b14cb7d8e52f5418a:disqus @
    I have same mother board. Intel DG41RQ Mother Board, Core2Dou 2.40 GHz processor, 2GB DDR2 Ram & 500 GB Samsung Sata HDD. I try but I can't install Snow Leopard or Lion on my PC. Please tell me whats the tricks to install Snow Leopard on my PC.

2. qwerty :D

I am having the same issue actually, although I'm installing it on a completely cleared partition. It's rather odd, since I was able to get previous versions to install and work correctly, but L2 seems to refuse to install...

Mine is a DV5 Laptop (2nd gen), with a Core 2 Duo processor (2.0GHz), 4GB RAM, and an nVidia 9200M GS graphics adapter.

3. starboy

thanks for you response. I would like to say that AHCI mode is also required for Snow Leopard. and I am running that well on teh same board. and yes my CPU is Core 2 Quad 2.6Ghz, 2GB of RAM, 320GB Hard Disk. I am sure with this spec there must be some kind of trick to install iAtkos L2 on it. well me to keep searching on google and if anyone else got the solution please must share with me. thanks again.

iATKOS L2 Installation Guide

InsanelyMac

The installation guide says SATA AHCI mode is required so if you can't set your board to AHCI I would simply say you can't install it for now.

The only other thing I can help with is that Lion usually requires a Core 2 Duo, Core i3/5/7 CPU and at least 2GB of RAM.