How do I install Google Play on my Android tablet which crashes after installing it?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani August 15, 2012

I have an Android tablet –¬†HCL ME AM7A1 – and I would like to install the Google Play store on it as it does not come with Google Play preinstalled. However, it crashes after installing and launching it – so how can I get Google Play working on my tablet?

1. Cam

I have iPhone and i can't seem to play multiplayer.Can somebody help me to be able to play multiplayer online for 0.6.1 without having to jailbreak

2. Kia Torrence

i was having the same issue so i just downloaded the amazon app store and now i can get whatever i want. Google play sucks eggs. just my opinion

3. virginia lindsey

i need help on how installing gle play to my android proscan tablet.

See above solutions.

4. Google Play so stupid

The whole Google Play thing is one of the worst flubs I've seen Google make. My tablet is a year old, but not on the Google Play "supported" list -- so I can't get apps anymore! All of the apps should still be available in the old Marketplace since Google Play does not work on so many Android devices.

5. dominiqe rosser

i cant download google play store nd i really want it i got this app called getjar and i hated alot i need help

Did you tried above mentioned solutions?

6. Tammy

Cant get google play app on my nextbook 8se?

Hello, have you tried installing before? or You are asking. Keep in mind that some devices are not in the compatibility list for google play. In case you have not tried, get the .apk file online and follow the instructions in the manual about managing third party apps. In case you do not have the manual, visit the following link and download the .pdf file:

http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.php

-- click on link
      -- under section manuals, select your tablet model
      -- click on download and a .pdf file should open
      -- find the manage third party apps section
      -- follow the instructions there

While I am not saying this is your case, sometimes updating the firmware might give your tablet extra functions. If you want to check if there is a firmware update for yours, visit the following link and check under updates. Follow the instructions posted there:

http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.php

7. Crystal

I bought my twins extreme tablet for Christmas 1 has the place store on it and other 1 doesn't how do I get to play store on the other tablet

Did you followed the suggestion listed in the first comment of this thread ?

8. carl

I brought my son the Binatone Kidzstar Ulitimate Tablet for xmas which runs on andoid. There is a way of getting content from the google play store (without the need to root) if you own another android device with google play already installed.

1) On the tablet download the "esfile explorer"(or similar)

2) On the other device in my case it was a samusng galaxy s3 download "app backup and restore"

3) Download all the games and apps you want to download on the other device.

4) Open app backup and restore and backup the apps/games you wish to put onto the tablet.

5) Remove the SD Card from the other device and put it into the the tablet.

6)connect the tablet upto a pc and copy the files from the sd card onto the tablet memory.

7) In the tablet open the ES file explorer and find the files you have just copied and touch each one and it will ask you to install them click yes and the files will be installed onto the android device.

9. Emily

I have the same problem.... almost. I don't have google play pre-installed on my tablet, and I don't know how to. Do you?

10. david

I have coby tablet and I can't get google play I try to get a app on my tablet but it keeps on telling me you haft to your email for a white shoping bag.

For using Google Play,you need to create account with it.Without log -in into play store,you cannot install apps.

11. Marcus U.

I have a tablet with the same issues. there are a few ways around this issue. http://www.filecrop.com has .apk files (the type of apps that run on android (example the Shazam app on your tablet or phone is an .apk file). You go to http://www.Filecrop.com download the .apk file with your tablet and then use an .apk installer to install onto the tablet. My off brand tablet had an .apk installer on it already. I was able to install Google Maps on my tablet. this way if you have questions Google.... how to install .apk files on my android phone/tablet. FYI, I tried to install the Goggle Play .apk and it would not allow me to access the store because you have to access Google Play the first time by the app. I tried though :(

The second option is to use 1Mobile Market which has alot of android apps. This market works the same as Google Play but has less (alot less) apps. BUT... It is better then Amazon App Store.

12. raelyn

How do i get the google play app,i cant figure out how to find it

13. tammy griffin

Ecentle received a coby android table with os 4 and it dosnt have google play aps installed so I cannot dl any aps from google play, iwas wondering if there is any way to install this on my tablet?

14. tamara

How do i download googleplay on my andriod tablet..when i download it..it crashes

15. Krishna Vallabhaneni

This is probably due to the fact that you are using an unstable rom on your tablet. either find a rom that is completed or email the developers asking if gapps.apk is supported and what version would work with the least problems...they are usually really good about replying to these emails :)

16. VS Vishnu

factory reset

Hey Sunil!

There have always been problems with running Google Play on unsanctioned devices. First, Google Play is region locked, so it won't work in all countries. Second, it is device specific. Some devices will not support

The better alternative has been to use Amazon Marketplace, since it is not fussy about what device it's installed on and has greater regional/international availability.

However, that said, it's possible to dodge around regional restrictions using a modified version of Google Play:

http://www.ijailbreak.com/android/google-play-store-3-5-16-app-apk/

The XDA thread in which this originally appeared in located in the link above. I would try installing that before trying another version. Good luck!

• katelynn

Forewarning: using this methood "jailbreaking" can get you comletely shut out of your device network or worse. Meaning if your company catches you, they'll shut you off. I do NOT recommend this!! If you cannot find a legal solution, speak to a PROFESSIONAL!

try older versions of google play if the newest one cause problems.

19. Ashwin Ramesh

Go to your tablet settings, select apps and choose the Google Play Store app. From there you'll be able to uninstall the app. You'll notice that the Google Play Store will return to the original factory version. Open the store and you'll be prompted to upgrade. Hope that works!

• John Price

Are you kidding me? Read the darn question before you 'answer' like this.
      The "original factory version" doesn't come with my or the asker's device

• jan

thanks!! worked for me!!!!

• michael

spot on m8 ty

• Cree

so do i uninstall Goolge Play Store or not

Google play store is the way to get apps in easy way.Why would you uninstall it as it would get you in trouble of getting apps from third party sources.

• Laoise

when i go into my apps in the settings google play is not there..??my tablet is a kurio