Why can I not install the GMail app for Windows Mobile?

kelley June 14, 2010

I can download the mail.jab, but when I click to install it, it says there is no application associated with the file, and to run the application first. The GMail mobile site from which I download it says nothing about needing any other application. Thank you for your help!

The official GMail app is in the form of a Java Midlet. Windows Mobile does not support such apps natively. You will need to find a Java emulator for your device first. Install that emulator and then install the GMail app. That should make it work perfectly. One such emulator is linked below.

http://pda.wareseeker.com/System-Utilities/ibm-midp-2.0-java-emulator-2.3.zip/330001

2. Kelley

Ok, I set up my gmail within my mobile email section. Now I still have the mail.jab file on my phone, and am unable to delete it. It is in My Documents. How can I delete it? Thank you!

Kelley,

if you don't get an answer over the weekend, I would recommend posting your question again, i.e. as a new question. Please link to this question, describe what you have done to fix the issue, and where you got stuck again. Thank you!

3. kelley

Additional info: I am using a Samsung Code with Windows Mobile 6. Thank you!

That file is not for Windows Mobile. You can access the mobile site via m.google.com or you can set up your email account within your mobile email section.