How do I install DoudouLinux from a pen drive?

Picume June 9, 2014

How can I make DoudouLinux work on a USB?
I have tried with unetbootin, liveUSB creator and Universal-Usb-Installer. I get it to boot from the pen drive but when I choose to install, it starts showing errors and cannot finish.  I also tried with Sugar on a Stick and Edubuntu (in this last case to install it on my laptop) and couldn’t get it to work.  I had Debian 7 for a little while, but my computer broke and when I thought to reinstall it I found all these options.
Our first language is Spanish, in case it helps.  I want this for my 4 year old girl.
Thank you so much in advance.

1. Picume

Thank you so much!!

At the end, I got it right using unetbootin and the link you told me.

And I also got to work an USB key to boot the computer with the Sugar Lab.

Now my children and my self will have to learn to use both... I'm sure they will be my teachers very soon, ;)

thanks for your feedback, glad it is working for you, if you want to close the thread as solved then from your makeuseof account choose the best answer.

• Picume

Yes, I would like to close the question as solved, but... sorry, I do not know how to do it...

For UNetbootin dis you use CD ISO images
    http://www.doudoulinux.org/web/english/article/download.html#2

If you want to install this on a system that has an optical drive, you may want to consider burning the .iso file to a CD/DVD and installing from there to see if it will work for you. Otherwise we need information about the make/model or the hardware specs of the computer and the error messages you are getting during installation (or the log files from the installation attempt). As long as the system was able to partition and format the hard drive, the log files should be in /var/log/installer on Debian-based systems such as DouDouLinux. (I think RedHat-based systems put this into the file /var/log/anaconda.log.) You can zip up the entire directory and put it on a file sharing service (such as Dropbox), share it as 'public,' and post a link here so we can download it and find out what is going wrong. You could also look for the error messages yourself by opening a Terminal and using a command like 'sudo cat /var/log/installer/syslog | grep "" | less' to scan for the error messages in the syslog file.

In any case, we will need information about the specific errors the installer is encountering in order to help.