How can I install device drivers without affecting the operating system?

Susendeep dutta February 23, 2011

I have Windows XP SP3 installed. My PC serves three mobile devices, which install different drivers on my PC.

Samsung drivers are causing my PC a problem. Whenever I disconnect the mobile, my PC makes the sound of a USB drive being removed. This sound is even created by the PC after 30 minutes.

Many answers on MakeUseOf Answers recommend to uninstall, then reinstall the given driver, which I have tried without success.

So is isolation of device drivers from administrator account possible by using multiple login accounts? Is there any other method to isolate drivers?

You can use a connector or a hub and see if you still get the sound.

If you want to uninstal the driver do it from the Device Manager; right click on samsung then uninstal then reboot.

Possible incompatibilities between samsung and windows xp!

Also you can try zentimo to mange your usb device and use it to unplug samsung
    http://zentimo.com/
    Sometimes if the device is not well removed than windows xill still look for it.

Drivers are always installed to the entire operating system, not a specific user account.

The sound of a USB device disconnecting is normal when you unplug a mobile device.

• Susendeep dutta

Is it normal for the sound of a USB device disconnecting even after 30 min?

I tend to say no, but I it happened to me too twice or so ~ that I heard the sound without unplugging any device whatsoever.

I know that for some Samsung & Nokia devices you have two different drivers: one for the USB Cable and one for the mobile device itself. Probably some weird circuit board within the connector of the USB cable or so.
        Maybe this USB Cable device is automatically deactivated after 30 minutes and trigger the disconnect sound.

Does it happen only when the phone disconnect or also if the phone is still connected after those 30 minutes?

• Susendeep dutta

It happens when the phone is disconnected and also during when the phone is connected.