How do I install Android apps I downloaded on my laptop on my phone?

March 23, 2014

I downloaded apps for my Samsung S3 Android phone on my laptop, how do I transfer them to and install them on the phone?

1. Paul

Wouldn't it be easier to use airdroid? On your phone install the app airdroid. Go to the website web.airdroid.com. scan the qr code after opening the program on your phone and install or transfer files to the phone from there.

2. Bhupender Dhawan

Niel Is Correct , Must chack "Unknown Sources" in Security Tab to install an .apk downloaded from computer

3. Shiva Singh

Go to this website: http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
    copy the link for the app in the website given, download and move the downloaded .apk file to smartphone. As simple as that.

4. go-

Google drive does the trick as well.

5. Niel Mistry

Remember though to Security in your settings menu and check "unknown sources" because without it the apk files won't install (if you're using apks)

how did you download the applications, i think shareware android applications are downloaded from Google play store.
    1) You can connect Samsung S3 to pc,
    2) copy/paste application to the root Samsung S3
    3) Use your Samsung S3 file browser to locate the applications and click on them to install

Another way, which does not require any other software, is to plug the phone into the computer via the sync cable, then use the file browser on your computer to transfer the files to a location you can easily find on your phone, such as on your SD card and create a folder called "Downloads" or whatever you wish. Then, use the file browser on your phone, locate the apk files, and click on the ones you wish to install. You may encounter an error where you have to enable the installation of third party applications, so go into the phone settings, find the security options, and select Unknown Sources (make sure the check box is checked). Then go back to the for browser on your phone and install the apps by clicking on the apk files.

8. Alex

In addition to Jeff's and Ben propositions you can also connect to your home wifi network and then browse to your apk files from the phone using ES explorer, Both computer and phone using the same network.
    Or, simply connect to your P.C./ Laptop with the usb cable and copy the apk to the SD card.
    Another solution is to create an ftp share of your phone and then browse the phone from your computer.
    Although this admittedly is a rather backward way of doing it.

9. Ben S

Jeff's answer is correct. You can send apps to your phone directly from the Play Store on the web.

However, if you need to install an app on your phone that doesn't come from the Play Store (an .apk file, such as the SwiftKey beta) then this won't work as the app isn't on the play store. To install apps easily when this happens, I recommend using Dropbox. Have a folder where you keep only Android .apk files and when you click one while on your phone's Dropbox app, it will pop up to install right away. It's very easy, though you need to make sure that you allow installations from unknown sources while installing like this. Be sure that the apps you are installing are safe before doing so, and uncheck that setting when you're done with it.

If you're not into Dropbox, a service like Pushbullet will let you push files to your phone as a notification. Couldn't be more simple than that!

10. Jeff F

If your Android device is registered with your Google Play account, you can send an application directly to your phone from the Google Play Store.