How can I install an Android app I developed on my Android device?

Mohammed Abbas August 25, 2012

I’m developing a simple application on the Eclipse for Android using Android SDK. I want to install it on the mobiles and tablets, especially Samsung Galaxy Tab. How can I do it?

1. Jeremiah Iliffe

Package into an apk, then transfer it onto your phone using USB or dropbox or mediafire, and check unknown sources in settings - security and then using a file browser such as Astro or ES file manager find the apk and click on it to install it

2. Luka Prebil

you pack it into a .apk in eclipse, put the apk on your tab, open, and voila. :)

3. Harshit Jain

Transfer the apk of your app to your android device by usb cable. Then enable unknown sources from settings->applications. Then use any file manager for android and use it to run the apk. Your apk will get installed:-)

4. Sri Swaminathan Vanarasi

i created many android apps and i always Bluetooth(the simplest way) for transferring them from my laptop to smart phone and tabs, send only the .apk file and when ur device receives click to open and install .. U can also micro SD if ur Smart phone or tab supports.. some tabs also support usb port , in such cases u can use pendrive to transfer apk file..
    enjoy androiding :)

5. mrm528581
  6. kunagu varun kumar

After creating the apk file, you can connect either by bluetooth, data cable, sd card reader etc..., transfer it to your phone and install it :)

Connect your tablet to your computer via mass storage mode and then copy the apk file into it.Locate the file and then install it.

Note :- You'll need to allow installation of third party apps.If your tablet has ICS,then you can do this by going to Settings -->Security-->Allow installation from untrusted sources.

8. April Eum

it's probably in form of .apk since it's an android app. you can host it on mediafire or somewhere secured like a cloud drive, from your device go to the web find the file, download it and install it. also make sure your android device has unknown sources enabled. unless you have an old sony smartphone from att where it's not allowed. :(

9. i0ni

After packaging the app into an .apk file (there is an option for that in Eclipse), you copy it to your phone / tablet through usb (or by using dropbox, google drive or a upload site) and install it by opening the .apk file. You have to check 'unknown sources' in settings > applications on your phone before trying to open the apk file.