How can I install Android 4.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Young S5360?

Duc Pham July 17, 2012

I want to install some apps but they are not compatible with my device. My model is Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S5360. My Baseband version is: S5360DXLE1. My Kernel version is: dpi@DELL130#1. My Build number is GINGERBREAD.DXLE1. I cannot update using Samsung Kies or Software Update. I have rooted the device. Thanks for taking the time to read this and please anwser. I can be contacted at “”.

1. Barath

how can i update android 4.1 to my samsung galaxy y gt 5360 mobile..kindly advice

Samsung will never release ICS or Jellybean for your phone as its requirements are higher.So,if you would like to take risks,then you can try out ROMs.

2. sushil sharma

how to update my phone to 4.1version can you plz say me

If the update is available,the go to Settings --> About Phone --> Update.You can also use PC suite software that came with your phone.

3. shivraj

U can update ur phone to 4.1.1

Go to Settings --> About Phone --> Update.

4. Mahamad Muhammad

How download softwaerupdate for galaxyyoung Gt-s5360

5. suleman khan

How can i install android 4.0.3 on samsung galaxy y

6. rushabh

how can i install android 4.0 in samaung galaxi y s-5360

7. Ranjan

i can chang glaxy y.o

8. jason

how to update andriod to samsung galaxy y gt s5360

9. Karthik prabha

I want to update my software with 4.1 version

You need to wait even if the company's phone you own has announced it as it gets released in phases.So,keep checking for updates.Also,updates depends upon compatible handsets too.

10. assim

It can not downnload apps plz help

Try clearing cache and history of Samsung app store if using Bada phone.

11. Dalsan

If you want access to apps not available to your device (except ICS or JB specific) you can use the unlocked market app from here:

This would be the safer alternative as it unlocks the device and region restrictions on accessing certain apps.

12. haras

i have a galaxy young too, just be happy with your phone. Before you bought it you first like it the way it is. so if you want an upgraded phone just buy another one. Go sell your other android phone :) -haras

13. Kypros Vassiliou

If you trick your phone to thing it's controlled by Google instead of Samsung you may get the OTA update. Haven't tried it though. In any case you can google it :)

• Dalsan

Doing it this way is highly risky as each handset version is different on each service provider. If installing the wrong version of OS on a device not meant for it most likely will render it completely useless.

• Dalsan

As Vasudevan stated, 4.1 is not possible yet, if even there are any developers going to work on it as your device is being considered a legacy/no longer developing device. 4.0 is a work in progress, and if enough interest is in it, then there might be a chance of 4.1 on your device. You can read more here about what has been and still is being developed for your device, unofficially.

There are chances other sites say there is 4.0 or 4.1 but beware of where you look as it may be a hoax. XDA is always trustworthy. They take joy in improving devices, not destroying.

14. Vasudevan M

Unfortunately Samsung wont be releasing an official ICS (4.0) or Jelly Bean (4.1) update for the Galaxy Y nor there is a stable ICS ROM for it at the moment.

However , after a bit of digging I found a port of the CM9 ICS ROM for the Galaxy Y on xda.

Check it out here :
    It is still under testing, so try at your own risk.

At the moment Android 4.1 is not possible on the Galaxy Y

15. stephenyoungdev

Root the phone, get rid of samsung's default setup and install cyanogenmod

16. Bal Mukund Agrawal

Don't try to update to Android 4.1 to your current mobile. If you try to do this your mobile will not respond and may be you have to run to service center for repairing.
    One of my friend has tried this and now his mobile is with service center from last 20 days but they are not even able to resolve it till date.

• Chetan

How to update my phone to 4.1
      version can you plz say me

If available over the air,then go to Settings --> About Phone --> Update.

It depends upon manufacturer and if not available,then you may need to install custom ROM.

• murthy

hey can u say me the process for updating my android phone to 4.1 from 2.3.6

If the manufacturer or the carrier is willing and has provided the update for your phone,it would be very large update and firstly would be available via PC suite software that comes with it.Try updating your phone using it to check for any updates.

You can also check it via going to Settings --> About phone --> Update.

The size of the update could be about 500 MB,so you need to be cautious if you are on a limited data plan.

17. Aditya Roy

Not possible at the moment, Doesn't look like samsung will be updating your phone's software to jelly bean.

18. Shakirah Faleh Lai

Some Samsungs' Android cannot support Ice Cream Sandwich, perhaps your model can't.
    Did you heard this