Why do .ink files from my phone’s SD card appear only as shortcuts on my PC?

January 29, 2014

Yesterday I connected my sd card to my desktop computer and found that all files were turned into shortcut files and in my phone the files were found as .lnk files. Please help me solving the problem.

1. Sharon Williams

This type of infection happens due to virus injection in a SD card/computer/phone. You need to check for any kind of virus/malware that might be on your phone or SD card. Insert flash card into a reader and connect it with a computer. Now use some strong antivirus software such as Immunet Plus, Kaspersky, Avast, Avira, Norton etc to scan the device. Do scan your computer and phone entirely. When this is done, delete junk files and virus if detected. You can also format the card (only if you have backed up your data) to solve the issue completely.

2. DopePhizh

You might be using software that uses the extension .lnk for it's files.
    This extension is used by Windows to recognize shortcuts.

A file extension is the characters that are behind a filename, like .jpg or .mov. These are used to help identify what kind of file it is and what software should be used to handle it.

1. Go to control Panel, Folder Options - select VIEW- select Show hidden
    files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended)  click APPLY
    2. go to your SD card  delete the virus and all the shortcuts folders that have
    no data in them. on your desktop create new folders (give the same name as your normal non infected hidden folders) and copy the data from YOUR hidden folders into them. once that is done delete the old hidden folders.
    3. go back to control panel, Folder options select view- select DO
    NOT show hidden files and folders and recheck Hide protected operating system
    files (recommended).