How to get my information from my computer to my Kindle Fire?
Question by linda kunsberg /

I just bought a new Kindle Fire. I am trying to get all my files from my computer to my Kindle Fire using my USB. How do I do that?

• Dave Rimmer

Use Calibe from here –
    I use it and it is very good can also convert other types of book to use on your Kindle.

• Benjamin Glass

Plug in the USB cable to the Fire and the computer. Then, transfer compatible files (not sure where to find a list of those) to the documents folder on the Kindle. Put photos in the photos folder. Don’t put more than four GBs of data on there, or you’ll have no space for books and apps.

• Rezy143

There are plenty of apps that could do this if you don’t have the usb. You can get File Expert or Wondershare MobileGo to transfer to comp or kindle.

• Nick

Just connect the kindle fire to your computer using the usb cable. Windows show recognize it as a sort of usb flash drive. You can then just use windows explorer to manage the files on the kindle. Alternatively you can use different apps on the kindle fire to wirelessly share files with a computer.

See this document. Scroll down to the section “Transferring content via USB” which tells you how to accomplish the task.