Why was my @india.com email account locked and how can I access it?

Siddharth Verma September 30, 2012

I have an email ID @india.com and have been using it for a decade. Suddenly, while logging in, I got the message that my account is locked. Please contact administrator. I have no idea where to contact as there is no specific customer support details on the web site. Please help!

I had same problem 7 weeks ago. But it got resolved within 2 or 3 days I think. But now 10 days have passed and still I see the message permanently locked. Also their phone numbers given at their partner site www.cricketcountry.com are dead (not working).

Please help me urgently!
Thanks.

1. mithun more

have an email ID @india.com and have been using it for a decade. Suddenly, while logging in, I got the message that my account is locked. Please contact administrator. I have no idea where to contact as there is no specific customer support details on the web site. Please help!

2. James Franklin

It was probably locked due to someone trying to access your account, but failing to provide your password, and using an incorrect password several times, until they lock your account in case of a security breach.

• Savita

Hi James:

All that you said are true. However, how do I access my account now because there's no phone number to talk to administrator. I can't even access the website properly. The site comes up and when you click on something the screen freezes up and "Not Responding" shows up.

3. GrrGrrr

Did u try the contact form:
    http://www.cricketcountry.com/contact-us

4. HLJonnalagadda

That's weird. Have you tried recovering the account? Usually the @india.com ID is associated with another e-mail address. And also, you can answer your security questions, or reset them by verifying your alternate mail address. One of these should work in resetting the ID.

• baninpng

Hi HLJonnalagadda:

You're right. It is weird. How do you recover the account? Don't think I have listed an alternate e-mail address. It is not allowing me to even reset. There is no phone number or address to contact the administrator.
      I have important messages to look into and all of a sudden they locked my account with no way of accessing or resetting. This is frustrating.