How can I increase video views?

vivek June 30, 2010

How can I increase video plays in sites other than YouTube and MySpace?

1. Get your friends to tell their friends to tell their friends to watch it
    2. Make a Facebook group to promote the video and get people to like it and watch it
    3. Post the link on forums
    4. Post the link of blog comments
    5. Follow the tips above

Here are a couple of articles to start with:

- Youtube Video Promotion Tips
    - A few tips for youtube promotion

3. Steve Campbell

You should look into internet marketing strategies. If you have a video that you want a lot of people to see, try creating a landing page explaining the benefits of watching the video. You can use a site like Weebly to accomplish this. Then, do specific keyword research so you can optimize the page you've created for search engines. If you do your research and perform SEO practices, you will get more traffic to the video.

Also, this is just one way you could promote your video. There are tons of different marketing strategies out there that could help you.

4. Vivekrgcet

hey the site rule says one ip should watch video once only and people shud watch whole video......can anybody post firefox plugins to make this happen.....video runs automatically when page loads (need not have to click play button)

• Jessica Cam W.

It depends on which video-sharing sites you're talking about. If you embed videos in your website, sometimes you can add an option in the HTML embed code to autostart the video (set autostart=true). I am not sure if you can achieve this with Firefox plugins as all the viewers of your video would need the plugin to be installed.

• Vivekrgcet

hi thanks for the reply my friend came to know about a site which pays users depending upon number of views .that site pays users depending upon the number of video views a particular video gets.i have set the video in a way it plays automaticaly .i read in some forum that we can fake views by using two plugins(one is "reload every" and another one is something to switch proxy but i couldnt find the exact plugin and how to do this

Vivek,

this question is difficult to answer without knowing which sites you are referring to.

In general, streaming videos will have an option that lets you switch to full screen mode. Just go through the buttons in the video menu to find it.

Are you asking what you can do when this option does not exist? In that case please specify where this is the case. Thank you.

• Jessica Cam W.

I think Vivek is talking about increasing video exposure as opposed to increase the video player. I think one way to increase video views could be to reach out to fellow video users with similar uploaded content and users who have subscribed to the uploaders. You could invite them to check out your channel and videos because you're offering quality material that might suit their taste and is similar to those that they're fans of. I've seen Youtubers do this. It might be the same in other video-sharing sites.