How can I increase the storage capability of an iPod Touch?
Question by paul /

Is there a way to increase an iPod Touch’s storage capability?

• Normandy1944ww2

I heard from my friend that If you jailbreak it and download certain stuff from cydia, you can upgrade it to a 113 GB

• go green bay

this is kinda help full ok go to the storage app on your ipod then go to genral after go to usage and go down to the bottom after you do that go to manage storage then click buy more storage then pick out 20$ for 10 G’s per year 40$ for 20 G’s or 100$ for 50 G’s 

• Robandshelby72

ya i just did that and it realy helped

• Tammylawja

No that doesn’t work. All hat does is back up existing data, not add more memory to the hard drive.

• R Merola

I dont get it.

• Me

these answers are weak and useless.
    the op wants to know how to increase the memory section of an ipod on the device so that more apps can be downloaded to it, not in the cloud.

Hello, I would say the only viable option you have of accomplishing what you want is by using the cloud with services like dropbox, sugarsync, zumo drive, etc. Read the following article for more information:

Also, Amazon Cloud storage gives you free storage too. They had a promotion not long ago to get 20 GB for free for one year if you sign in for a free account that gives you 5GB for free and bought and album. I am not sure if it works on Ipods though, but you might want to research if it does or not.

• paul

thanks for the information!

• Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Dropbox and the such don’t actually increase your storage capacity. They just simplify the synching process, but since they create a copy of any file that is uploaded to your dropbox they actually take up space. Unless you store files in your dropbox but don’t install the dropbox app on your iPod, which would be kind of a slow since the iPod touch only has wi-fi making it very limited.

Cloud storage solutions are great but they requiere constant access to the internet which on an iPod might not always be possible so a hard copy will be best. According to the link
      posted there are media card adaptars you can plug into your iPod, the draw back would be that they requiere additional power to run and you’ll need to actually spend some cash.

It is possible to expand your physical storage unit but that will void your warranty and you will have to spend some cash on it.