Can I increase my phone’s random access memory using a memory card?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani May 3, 2012

1. sunil

the best method::: its not for RAM but to increase the internal memory.
    1. ur phone must be rooted one..
    2. download 2 files link2sd and gulite..
    3. open the adb cmd prompt where a sh shell will b created in ur phone.., else go to recocerymode and switch on the phone.
    4. goto the option partion sd card in it, then select size and restart.
    5. install the link2sd card app.
    6. link the apps which u want and enjoy playing larger games and apps. easily..
    7.all the BEST

• Raj

Sir please tell me how to increase ram of my andriod phone.

2. Saif

No more tension: Please purchase RAM from Cell service center and install it into the phone..

3. Sunil

Any app which can increase random access memory but without rooting?

• Kannon Y

Hey Sunil, are you asking how to speed your phone up, or is there a particular app you're trying to use that requires more RAM?

If you want more speed, in my experience, the two best things you can do is (1) disable your data connections, including Wifi and 3G and (2) run only the bare minimum number of apps on your phone.

The first situation appears to be related to the poor design of Android. Apps seem to start up and access system resources whenever there's an available data connection. My phone always slows down if I'm using 3G or WiFi - apparently because they're all trying to use the internet at the same time.

The second situation indirectly relates to the first. I found that by removing unneeded apps my phone sped up tremendously. Usually there's a handful of poorly written applications that contribute to sluggish system performance. I suggest removing them if you can.

In the event you really want to use a system optimizer, I suggest using:

It has an interesting feature that allows you to remove startup programs, which frees up system memory.

4. Susendeep Dutta

It's possible to increase your phone's RAM by using SD card but it's slower than RAM's operating speed and only swapping occurs between them.Moreover,the amount of read/write operations that will take place in swapping will decrease the lifetime of SD card as they have limited number of read/write cycles.

For example :- In Android,ROOTED phones can use SD card to increase their RAM by using Swapper2 app -

5. Sunil