How can I increase my internet speed?
Question by Amitabh Pandey /

I have a desktop computer.  I have Windows 7 installed on it. I use a Micromax USB modem to connect to internet. Inside this USB modem, I have a BSNL 2 GB sim card. I get the maximum speed 1 or 2 Kbps. That is not constant also.  Frequently it drops to 0 bps. Is there any method to increase the speed ? Will tweaking the registry of Windows help?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software

• Sandeepshukla

I have a desktop computer.  I have Windows 7 installed on it. I use a airtel USB modem to connect to internet. Inside this USB modem, I have a airtel 2 GB sim card. I get the maximum speed 1 or 2 Kbps. That is not constant also.  Frequently it drops to 0 bps. Is there any method to increase the speed ? 

I believe, an Indian could answer this better as I totally understand your situation :) What you are doing is probably using a GPRS modem to connect to the Internet. Now, knowing BSNL's record with regards to network coverage and signal strength, it doesn't come as a surprise that you are having trouble getting decent speeds in your area. Try upgrading to a faster connection. You could try getting TataPhoton+ or Reliance NetConnect.

• Jack Cola

That is incredible slow and surprised it actually works. A dialup modem max speed is 56Kbps. Unless you mean 1-2Mbps? Which isn't that bad.You could probably do all these little minor tweaks, but in the end, it won't do much. The only way to get faster internet is to change to a higher plan, location, technology (Naked, ADSL, ADSL2+, Fibre) or ISP.Since you are using wireless, I would find a new service provider as obviously you don't get coverage where you are.