How to increase cache size for video streaming in Opera Mobile?

Alexis Ceroleni August 13, 2012

Hello!

I’m trying to use Opera Mobile to stream some videos. Since my Internet speed isn’t great, I have to pause the video so that it gets downloaded. The problem is that the memory for storing the cache is very limited to do this. So, I was wondering if it is possible to increase its size.

I am running Opera Mobile 12 and Android 2.3

1. ReĆ½ Aetar

try to download them before watching the data cost is same anyways ,,
    use websites like tubidi.mobi,vuclip.com these sites indexes videos from youtube and other popular sites..
    Increasing the disk cache isnt simple and slows the browser

2. Erlis Dhima

As much as I know, the cache has a limit in size.. Maybe you can, but you need to have a good amount of free space in your phone memory! Also, I would consider not to change the cache size, since the browser will get more slow.. But anyway, try it.
    (Read what ha14 said. Maybe it helps!)
    Hope it helps!

• Alexis Ceroleni

It claims to have 4 gb NAND flash memory. Checking ha14's links, I see it is possible to store the cache in other locations, so I will test if I can store it in a pendrive. You can set the browser to clear cache when the session finishes.
      I'll keep testing. :)

3. pozdravcho

Under normal circumstances, you can't. But you can resize your cache partition (this requires root, some knowledge and bravery) and see if that helps. Could you please specify your phone model?

• Alexis Ceroleni

It's for a Chinese Android TV stick called CX-01 that should arrive this week (Meanwhile, I'm testing these things with a pmp called Yinlips G18)

look for disk cache
    Opera's Settings File Explained
    http://www.opera.com/support/usingopera/operaini/#dcache
    opera:config, Find the line "Size" under the "Disk Cache" section!!

• Alexis Ceroleni

THANK YOU! very interesting link :) ... I'll test later today.