How to increase blog traffic for new bloggers ?

Naitik Patel July 24, 2012

I have made a new blog that is bloggerdrive.in, but not getting much traffic. So can anyone please help me out by giving me some advice?

1. Danielle

Hi, I just read an awesome article on this at MUO. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-start-a-blog-that-gets-instant-traffic/

2. John

Curious as to opinions on my music blog http://www.longafterdark.net. I feel like I am stuck in neutral in terms of hits. Thanks!

3. Macwitty

Try to be a guest writer on a blog or website with more traffic and make sure you have your blog in the author box. If your article is interesting people might visit your blog

4. Muz RC

Simple juz make friend with others blogger, there more u know there more u will be found.

5. yusuf

one solid recipie is to do meaningful comments on blogs.That will make enough increase in traffic

6. Yvonne

key words, quality content
    http://athomecashblogger.blogspot.com/

7. Gianna Marie Lanete

I have a blog, and in order for me to have much traffic I always update my blog.
    and let anyone know my blog. :))
    I post my blog name everywhere.

8. waqas

plz leave comments on other blogs
    for more info plz visit
    top10everythingz.blogspot.com

9. PMG India

There are many ways of bringing traffic, the most important factor is network. The more network you have the more traffic you’ll get.

10. dhanunjayarao chunduri

quality content… important and don't forget to add the google searchengine

11. dhanunjayarao chunduri

promote it through social networks and submit to search engines also.

12. Vipul Bansal

Social networking is all you need. Create a facebook and google+ page for your blog and update it regularly. Twitter is also a good source of traffic.
    Build an app for your blog so that your readers can visit your website through their phones.
    Publishing an interesting article(related to ur blog topic) in newspaper can be profitable.

13. Umair Adil

Do social media marketing and read tutorials on search engine optimization.

14. Areeb Majeed

Social Bookmarking Sites - SOurce: http://www.techinus.wordpress.com

15. ravi

Dude, just keep posting quality content and share your content on social media sites i.e Facebook, Twitter, Google +, stumble upon, reddit etc. You can also start guest blogging on blogs in your niche.
    See my blog http://bigcrunch.in

16. An chappel

please read this article.

http://www.fsarticle.blogspot.com

17. Freecycle Me

I too have looked at the site mentioned and I am glad I have adblock, though I must say makeuseof is not good on resource hungry ads and thats why I installed adblock in the first place. James' comments are true, so maybe consider something plainer, with much deeper content before you think of traffic

18. Mark

that was REALLY "brutally honest" from james. :)
    most wannabe blogger these days think about the money first without thinking about what to write/content. big mistake..people will come to you if u have quality contents. you shouldn't worry too much about the visitors.

19. Freecycle Me

I would give value
    Let those who know you, promote you.
    You could listen to Pat Flynn's Smart Passive Income podcast (Google will find it) as it is a mass of well considered resources, he also gives ideas of other sites that give traffic tips
    Keep your link at the bottom of all your posts.
    If you are helpful to others, they are more likely to want to see who has helped them and what they do.

20. molly_rose24

quality content... important

• Panji Hitam

Yes design is the second thing, what readers need is quality content

21. heykevinn

yes, I agree with James. you have far too many advertisements on your blog. to be honest, with the little traffic you a supposedly getting, I would just remove most of them, leaving only 1 or 2, because you need quite a bit of traffic to actually make some decent money with these ads (trust me, I found out the hard way). i would especially remove the ads from each post because it looks way too hectic and I can't tell the difference from posts and ads which is rather annoying. as for hosting it on blogger, I don't think that's a REALLY bad idea. I have one blog hosted on tumblr (which is simmilar to Blogger) and one self hosted blog via wordpress and my Tumblr one has a bit more traffic, so i guess it comes down to personal preference.

As for increasing traffic, I would reccomend getting your blog "out there". The social buttons are great! As well as that, be sure to comment on blogs simmilar to yours with meaningful messages, that way, people are bound to check out your blog once reading your comment.

And as always, make sure you are passionate about the topic you are blogging about, that way you'll have fun and your posts will be more pleasant to read. GOOD LUCK!

22. UD98

DO NOT USE the face book like popup thing. its annoying

23. ferdinan Sitohang

I totally agree with james Bruce, follow the instruction that he said, the important thing is not the adds,or other link. The quality of your content is the one that make your blog become like what you want.

24. Muhammad Ahmad

sorry to say. Pinf.fm is wrong. It's actually Ping.fm

25. Muhammad Ahmad

simply use pinf.fm and pingler.com also share your site with your facebook/g+ and twitter friends. Additionally you should SEO your blog. Create back-links to high PR sites.

Hi, my name's James, and I wrote the WordPress and Monetization guide here, as well as owning a few of my own profitable and high traffic websites.

I'm going to be brutally honest here. Your page looks like pure webspam. To be specific:

1. You have FAR too much advertising. context link, text ads, banner ads - its disgusting. One look at that, and I'm not going to stay for more than a millisecond. Remove ALL the ads until you have at least 1000 uniques a day, and even then put 3 banner ads maximum.
    2. You're running on blogger, which is a guaranteed recipe for failure. Get your own hosting, install wordpress, and learn how to properly customize a theme. Removing the words "paragraph" from your the thubmnails at the top would be a good start though.
    3. Most importantly, your content is weak and too short: http://www.bloggerdrive.in/2012/07/airtel-gprs-tricks-august-2012-having.html - the first article I read, less than 100 words. Compare that to the amount of HTML weight in the rest of your template/theme. As far as google can see, its the same page, written many times over. Nothing you write is going to rank if its that short.

My suggestions then?

Remove the ads and focus on your content. Write useful, quality, long form content (at least 500 words). To avoid headaches in the future, assuming your site does become popular (which it will, if you do what I say and are capable of writing good content), move to WordPress platform now. Having your own domain is a great start, but hosting on blogger is going to cause more problems than you know.

Also, if you havent already, download both my monetization and my wordpress guide; there's lots of tips on popularising your blog as well as SEO in general.

http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/monetization-manual-your-no-nonsense-guide-to-making-money-blogging
    http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/set-up-your-blog-with-wordpress-the-ultimate-guide

• KingOGreen2.0

I agree, honestly the ads just clutter the blog, it was a little off-putting. A majority of the content was ad space on the main page, to increase traffic, Social network is the obvious way to go, post on Twitter and Facebook every time you have a new post. Blogger is a big no no in my mind, a good friend ran a blog off Blogger and they deleted her account with little reason. And yes, write, write a lot, get you every thought out there when posting.

• hasan

Check my blog & Suggest me.
      Thanks.

27. Shakirah Faleh Lai