How can I increase my Airtel GPRS internet speed?
Question by sanjay /

• mahidhar

i m using airtel 2g pocket internet but the speed is not exceeding even 5mbps . i m in hyderabad what can i do? will the 3g sim work in 2g mobile

• Susendeep Dutta

Speeds depend upon location,number of nearby towers and other factors too.If your phone supports 3G then definetly you can use 3G SIM in your phone and its speed will be determined by the chipset i.e. how much speed is supported by it.

• Oron

To answer your second question, the 3G SIM may work in a 2G mobile, but you’ll definitely not get internet access through it.

• praveen

mr.sanjay you can increase the speed of interent if u follow the instructions below
    1.activate 3g in your airtel sim by sending 3g to 121
    2.choose the 2g data plan u want
    3. enjoy using it.
    4.but u should be under the 3g coverage area…
    i get around 150kbps in chennai….

• Raja

i am also in chennai following the same trick.But sometimes speed was limited to 7 to 10 kbps. is it possible continuosly getting the full speed like <150 kbps

• Vicky Rajput (ethical hacker)

what type of networ u r using (2g or 3g ) …firstly tell me then i will give you the trick to increase ur speed…

• sup

2G network

• sanjay

is it true? some people told me that if you are using 3g sim, than you can’t recharge the 2g pack

• Vicky Rajput (ethical hacker)

i am in indore under fully 3g area but m enjoying 4.7 mbps speed at 2g network beleive me friendzz its amazing n working only at night (12.30 am to 4 am)

• aman

how tell me pls

• J4jeswin007

You can use a better data card I personally use huwaei data card along with an mtnl sim which combines to give me a speed of 18mbps

• Sirish Raja

Airtel 7.2Mbps Dongle (Data Card) at just 900. Offer till Diwali
    Airtel 7.2 Mbps Dongle at just 900 only. With the Data card, we give you free activation with a recharge of 95 along with 2 GB data completely free.
    Airtel 3G dongle, a revolution in internet speed, can be yours at just 900 rupees only
    Call us-
    Or email

But hurry up….! The lucky one gets the chance as the stock is limited

were you able to increase your GPRS speed with the tips from Sushil? Please let us know!

• Fyzee

These are not tricks… for sure.. these are the basics which even if you would not know then again you would get the benefits out of it lol.. opera and internet download manage are designed to increase speed by their methods even if you would connect the lamest connection to these softwares they would try to get maximum out of it.. but what the person who asked this question wants to know is that HOW CAN HE REALLY INCREASE THE SPEED OF GPRS UPON HIS CELLPHONE you cannot install IDM upon your mobile plus these things would not help you more then 5% of the original speed.

• sanjay

its not a tricks!!!! everyone know that…….  if we use our internet early morning or late night,, obviously it will increase.. if any one want good speed, than use idea…

• sushil kumar

first of all use latest version of opera .because it have turbo booster
    2. connect ur phone full network in mobile
    3.use internet download manager for downloading it increase speed up to 300%
    4.try to connect internet early morning or late night because at this time less people use internet
    5. plz try to change ur operator like vodafone,riliance,aircel or tata docomo bacause theh have better speed than airtel
    6.visit this
    7. visit this
    8.visit this
    9.visit this