Why can’t I see my incoming messages on Facebook?

jun October 25, 2011

When I log in to Facebook and click the Messages icon, I can not view my recent messages. There is no Sent page, instead Facebook displays and Archive page. I can not view the recent messages my friend sent.

1. Spamme

Relax everyone this is just FB doing something stupid to make your experience better...again. About 4 days ago FB started acting erratically. Viewing and sending messages stopped working in Firefox but not IE. I did all the usually things to resolve it, but nothing worked. This is a work around for now that appears to work for me, until FB can figure it out. After being logged in, use this URL and you should be able to use messages again....remember this is not a fix, just a work around.

2. sabrina

I am having a similar problem. However, normal pc facebook works fine and mobile is having some issues. I am able to see messages in my inbox and click on them to open them, but when I scroll over the box at the bottom to write a reply, it will not recognize what I type and, as a result, I cannot reply to any messages.

• Susendeep Dutta

Are you accessing Facebook in mobile using its mobile site or using any app?If using app,then try using Facebook's java app or using smartphone the use appropriate app for your OS.This might solve your problem.

If using browser then try clearing cache,history and then access Facebook.

3. Hayoota Majnoona

Wht Cant I See My Messages On Facebook ?

4. jannat

i cannot chat in facebook and my message box cannot be opened in pc and through cell phone.

• Susendeep Dutta

I think that you need to delete browser history.cache and keep all of your plugins updated.Chat needs some plugins to work.Also,make sure that you're using modern and updated browser.

5. Linda Lathrop

I can't view my messages on Facebook!

6. Silvia Dalponte

´por que no puedo abrir de facebook en la bandeja de entrada abrir y leer los mensajes de cha¨? hay alguna forma de abrirlos facíl?

7. Downy

try this plz
       log out and then log in again and close ur eyes and then pray from ALLAH that plz make this happen, plz plz plz and then open ur eyes but this will happen only if u will trust ALLAH

8. Madara Madlangsakay

i can"t see my reply from my  friends too please help me and add me into friends my name is madara madlangsakay

9. Kenneth Abbott25

10. Luzviminda_acocoro

i cannot open my profile, notifications, and incoming messages in facebook.

The site was under maintenance yesterday, that's lots of profiles were not available.But if your profile is still unavailable, you can not do much about this, just wait, or try some suggestions from my first comment.

Yeah, functionality on Facebook is likely to be down more often than it is up. Just give it some time, if the messages weren't deleted they should be viewable once Facebook get's their stuff together. They are probably working on changing the interface again to keep us on our toes.

Are you able to chat, because now chat n messages are almost same. ?

Facebook updated this just 30 mins ago :

We are experiencing an issue where chat messages are not being properly
    sent. Thank you for your patience as we investigate the problem.
    I had a similar problem, I could not see the messages page."

Sometimes changing browsers works, sometimes you do every possible thing, clear your browser cache ,cookies, history etc.
    you can also try it.

if nothing works,
    it gets solved automatically it may take a month or some days.

Till then you can use text notifications to reply ,
    you can read and reply messages via email, check your in box and open a mail from facebook about receiving new message.
    you can reply the mail, and it will send a message to your friend.