How can I improve the quality of my printing in Kubuntu 12.04?

Krishna Himantha August 18, 2012

After installing Kubuntu the quality of my printed material has reduced. The model of the printer is EPSON LQ-300+II, what can I do to improve it?

Thanks.

1. Krishna

I checked it with windows xp, it works normally with good printing quality...

• dragonmouth

In that case it is definitely the driver. You need to download the proper driver.

2. Timothy Liem

I think it's the problem with the printer, not the OS. got a similar experience last week.

3. Krishna

Actually OS doesn't have the exact driver for LQ-300+II printer. Is there any way of downloading it??

4. sachiny009

here is a link for more specific information kubuntu an ubuntu generally work in same way..............http://www.eioba.com/a/1r8/printing-with-ubuntu

5. sachiny009

not sure about kubuntu in particular but you need to change your graphic print quality..
    You can tweak your printing settings to get the best results. All of these settings can be found in the File -> Print... window.

Print quality is generally measured in DPI (dots per inch). A greater DPI value should result in better print quality.

Choose Draft for making quick draft prints which don't use much ink

Choose Best Quality or Photo for making high quality prints. Printing will be slower and will use more ink

Being that it is a dot-matrix printer, the quality ends up being a relative measure in the first place. In what way has the quality decreased? Are there issues with the printhead? Pins not firing leaving visible whitespace through the characters across the page? What driver are you using? Are you using CUPS or another printing system? Considering the printer, it may be simpler just using LPR or LPRng.