How can I improve the performance for live streaming videos?
Question by Jordan /

Whenever I try watch live video feeds, for example hockey games, my screen constantly freezes. What can I do to improve performance? I use a HP laptop with Windows Vista and an Intel Pentium processor.

Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
Windows_10
Windows_10
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software

• Vineeth Reddy

In addition to the above suggestion,

Use Adblocking software like Adblock Plus for Firefox or Adblock for Google Chrome/Safari
    with a pro privacy, adblock, and anti social media lists.

• Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

There could be a number of reasons this happens so I’m going to list a few things you need to check before moving forward to a solution.

How much RAM do you have installed? And how much RAM do you have available at the moment? Video processing uses a lot of RAM because most of the video data is not stored in your hard disk. Close some unused programs, browser tabs and stuff you are not using in general (you might want to take a look at your task manager too).

How fast is your internet connection in general? To that site specifically? Maybe you are using settings like HD settings or even if it’s not HD you could be using a 320P or 480P resolution (like in YouTube) and it turns out to be too much for your bandwidth. If the resolution is not it, then be sure not to be downloading anything else at the time.

Your processor and Video card? Depending on the age of your computer your processor could be a dual core or not. The processor model has a lot to say about video quality and performance, same thing for the video card, if you are using an old Pentium IV processor with an integrated video card and trying to watch a video in HD or a high resolution in general then it will keep freezing no matter your bandwidth. On the other side of the table if you have a new/ish computer with an integrated video card and still have problems then look above.

You can also clean your browser cache before streaming and improve your overall computer performance by checking your computer properties, right click on My Computer and select Properties, Adavance, Performance, Advance (again), and manually set the virtual memory to something higher.

And that is all I have! Hope it helps.