How can I improve my mobile data reception?

Forbes Davies August 22, 2012

I am trying to increase my HTC One X mobile data reception from my home address to use the 5 Gb data provided by Optus on the phone. How can I do this?

1. Darren Reynolds

I still have the HTC Desire HD, and whilst it is a good phone... the reception on it is very poor... Maybe it is a design flaw on the HTC!!

I'm glad Susendeep pointed out the hardware problems! There's an interesting thread on XDA-developers.com on how to diagnose the problem. It's believed that a loose wire has caused the issue and it can be returned to HTC for a replacement (without the problem). The link above also has return instructions.

There are devices that can make it appear as if your device is getting a better reception. It may even help a tiny amount.

AT&T also made a signal booster, which actually worked, but it requires an AT&T account (I think).

I saw some other products, but have no idea whether or not they work.

Personally, I would just exchange the device for a working one (after diagnosing it).

HTC One X is reported to have a death grip issue.My friend had HTC One V and had similar network issue.The only thing you can do to improve your phone's reception is to hold in such a way that doesn't blocks its antenna which is situated in sideways.Try learning it to hold in such a way so as to prevent loss of reception.You can also improve reception by using silicon case or hard case for your phone.