How can I improve app sales?

jules older October 16, 2010

I want to build sales for our app, San Francisco Restaurants. I’ve tweeted, promoted, written & networked. I’d love some fresh ideas?

1. George

Jules
    You should think about a complete Internet Marketing Strategy. This will depend on many factors like target group, area etc. I don't know how many of the below you have addressed during your promotion but a more well-rounded approach is needed:
    1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): do you rank in the top 10 in Google for your keywords? e.g. if someone searches for "San Francisco restaurants" does your website come up in the top 10?
    2. Email Marketing: do you have a mailing list? How do you build it? How do you promote to it?
    3. Contests: these can become very viral e.g. if a blogger writes about your competition he gets 10 points. If they tweet about it they get 5 points. The person with the most points wins something. This will create awareness
    4. Forum Marketing. Get involved in relevant forums. Contribute to discussions, offer opinions etc and people will click on your link in your signature.
    5. Press releases to local press and online media

This is not an exhaustive list but I hope it helps!

2. John Doe

Use twitter, promote people who review it on YouTube, add fun special features, put it on your business cards, add links to website, Facebook (major), add qr codes to download on menus. Basically add stuff to make people want it to share it with others.

Jules,

what mobile devices is the available app for?

Did you identify your selling point, i.e. what makes this app better than any free alternatives or competition out there? Why would someone want your app?