Import Entourage archive files in Outlook 2010

Ned K February 11, 2014

I need to import an Entourage 2008 archive folder into Windows Outlook 2010. I have transferred the archive folders from the Mac using a USB flash drive, but I find that using the import/export wizard in Outlook 2010 is not helping at all. The file does not appear when I browse to select the Entourage file. I have been stuck with this problem for a long time and now I urgently want to access those files.

Can somebody provide a solution to transfer the entourage 2008 files into outlook 2010?

1. Tony G

You may export the entourage emails into an archive (*.rge). Then, transfer the archive over to your Windows PC using a storage device like a flash drive, portable HDD etc. Now, on Windows PC, you may use Entourage to PST converter to convert the emails into PST format. Then, you may easily import PST into outlook 2010.

Note: The shared software is a paid application. You may try it first before using it, however, trial version only converts first 10 emails in each folder.

Hope this helps.

Starting with the bad news, Entourage archives (RGE files) can only be opened by Entourage and not by any other email client. If you don't have access to Entourage anymore, you could try Jan and Hovseps ideas, or convert the archive with Emailchemy ($29.95 for the personal version).

use an IMAP account for the transfer. Move the messages from your folders to the IMAP account then add the IMAP account to Outlook on Windows and the messages should download.

Mac to Win
    http://www.office.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html

If you still have access to Entourage you could import the archive there and then drag&drop folders to the Desktop. This would create Mbox files which you can import into Outlook 2010.
    However, depending on the amount of mails this could become problematic as Entourage doesn't allow more than 200 items to be dragged to the Desktop.

If you only got the Entourage Archive file then you'll have to use a converter. From the top of my head I only know the Gladwev series but I don't have any hands-on experience using them.
    http://entouragetopst.com