How to import .EML files in Microsoft Outlook 2013

Rodney C January 1, 2014

I need to access to some .eml files in outlook 2013 that I have in my hard drive.

These .eml files are emails that contain some very important emails and attachments that I need to access and store in outlook 2013. I am unable to find any solution that will allow me to import these files in outlook 2013 and access them.

There are a total of 6000 plus files that I need to access in Outlook 2013. Please suggest some solution for this problem of importing .eml files in outlook 2013.

1. Jane P

Nice Post

You can drag the messages directly into Outloo, but if you have them across many folders this may be difficult, so you may want to try one of the other methods suggested at http://eml.tooutlook.com/

If you are using the 32-bit version of Outlook 2013 download just import the EML files into Windows Mail and then go to File > Export > Messages. In the export wizard select "Microsoft Exchange".
    If Outlook is open it will automatically put them in there, if it is closed you will be asked for the profile the mails should end up in.

Other then that just search the web for eml to pst ~ there are lots of converters out there, never used one of them so can't make any recommendation here. The only advice I can give in that regard is not to import the PST file into Outlook but select to open it, then drag&drop the messages into one of your folders.