How do I import contacts from a Chinese Android smartphone to an HTC One S?

Alexis C February 25, 2014

I have new phone, an HTC One S and I need to import to it my contacts. The problems are:

• The old phone is a Chinese one (with android of course), so HTC doesn’t recognize it with its software HTC Transfer.
  • I’m using different companies and the old phone uses normal size SIM and the new one uses microchip. So, I can’t insert the old chip in the new phone.

So, what can I do?

I wouldn’t like to use Google Services because I don’t want my contacts store there, for me Google services are messy.

Thank you!

1. Anita H

You can have a try SyncDroid. Backup contacts in the Chinese Android smartphone to your computer, and then recover the backup file to the HTC One. I love SyncDroid and it works great! http://www.sync-droid.com/

2. Alexis C

Thank you guys. I have just found a solution.
    it occurred to me that there must be an app for this in the Playstore... and it was! it's calledSuper Backup and it let me backup and restore my contacts and SMS. It generates .xml and .vcf files that you can save or share directly to another phone via bluetooth. Once you have the files, you have to isntall the app in the new phone and there you can restore everything :)

thanks for your reply, glad that you solved the problem:)

• Susendeep D

Alexis,

Kindly mark your question as resolved by choosing the best comment which solved your query and thumbs up that.

perhaps you can synchrontze to google online and then import from there to the new HTC One S

Hello Alexis, I believe that when you write "microchip" you either mean a CDMA phone or a microSIM phone.

If it's a microSIM and you have a standard "miniSIM card", you can cut the microSIM down to fit inside of the miniSIM card slot and it will work just fine. I'm pretty sure the HTC One S is a GSM phone, meaning it uses SIM cards.

There's cutters that can do this for you, too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Sim-to-Micro-Sim-Card-Punch-Cutter-2-Micro-to-Standard-Sim-Adapters-/231125211631

However, if you are using a "simless" CDMA phone, then you would need to manually export your contacts. There's apps that can do this for you, but the best way is to use the export feature that's already inside of Google Contacts. Just fire the app up, go to "menu" and find the export function. Then make sure you keep track of the location of this file. If you have a SD card, export it to the SD card. If you don't, export it to your root directory and then try using Dropbox to transfer it out.

Hope that that helps. Good luck!