How can I make an image of my complete operating system including all folders and files?

Lkyguy January 14, 2011

I would like to make a complete image of my Windows XP operating system and all the folders. So if this thing crashes, I will be able to completely reinstall it as before. So, can I do this with my 16 GB flash drive? What program is best to download to do this?

1. Tilda Consey

uh, backup software with full backup feature can do this. full backup software are always free, like todo backup i've ever used before... yu can have a try

Lkyguy,

you should be find writing the image to your flash drive, that's if 16GB are sufficient. It should be enough for the operating system and a couple of programs. Just make sure you don't have any large files that you want to backup.

As for which software to use, check out this article: 5 Ways To Clone & Copy Your Hard Drive
    Some of these tools are installed on a CD/DVD or external drive and need to be booted from that drive. This requires that you allow booting from these media.

Also have a look at the answers to this question: How can I backup my Windows Vista Basic system if the recovery functionality is missing?

Let us know in case you need further assistance!