Is there an idiot’s guide for using Cydia?

Dr Johnny Siu-Chong September 4, 2011

I’m not tech savvy so I would love to have an idot’s guide to using Cydia. Any suggestions?

1. Avelino Isa

i think for the latest info (not 3 years ago since updates are so frequent) twitter would be the best.  try searching: cydia, jailbreak help, repos, tweaks, guide, etc.

also, on cydia itself you can search for an app that you would download through cydia called "JB something" or "jailbreak something" (if you can't find it through search then try "manag --> sources --> big boss" and it should be there.)  its basically a "i just jailbroke and now what" telling you the most common things you can do now that you have cydia

it's hard to get a manual (i'm assuming) because tweaks keep changing with the newer firmwares (apple's security) and having an instructional guide would become dated so fast.