How can I make icons for portable apps appear only once in the Windows 7 taskbar?

Mango the Fruitarian July 20, 2010

If I pin a portable app to my taskbar in Windows 7, when I click on it to start the application, the icon then appears twice, once for the actual running application, and once as the original icon to start it. Is there any way I can set things up so that the icon only appears once?

1. Mango Wodzak

ok.. thanks goran, i read through that thread, and it looks like there is no simple answer that works for every portable app, and even the answer to get firefox protable to work doesn't appear to work for everyone, and is probably too technical for me to follow.. so i'm guessing at the moment the long and the short of it all is that there really is no simple solution due to some windows 7 flaw..
    ok.. thanks for trying.
    mango.

Win7 taskbar design flaw: http://portableapps.com/node/20322

3. Mango Wodzak

OK.. it may not even be possible, but i was hoping someone could confirm one way or t'other..

4. William Brand

I had this issue too. I'm really not sure. :(