I set Postbox to move junk to gmail spam folder but it just marks it as junk, what am I missing?

Dane M September 2, 2013

I turned off junk learning and set settings -> account -> junk ‘move to spam folder’ on account, but when I hit ‘j’ or ‘mark as junk,’ postbox just marks the mail as junk and leaves it sitting in my inbox.

I can’t find any other settings and I can’t find a way to contact anyone at Postbox.

From the Postbox website regarding setting up Gmail accounts:

In Preferences or Options / Accounts / YourGmailAccount / Junk Settings, check "Move new junk messages to" and then select "Other" button, and make sure that the Junk folder is being mapped to:
    your Gmail account / [Gmail] / Spam

Next, go to Preferences or Options / Privacy / Junk and check "When I mark messages as junk" and select "Move them to the accounts 'Junk' folder"

• Dane M

Yes. It was the privacy tab setting that I was missing. That fixed the problem, thanks for the prompt input!