I have Intel DG33BU mobo with 2GB DDR2-RAM, 1TB hardDisk. What graphics card is optimal for my sys..?

December 12, 2013

I have the following specs in my PC:

1. Intel DG33BU motherboard
  2. 2GB DDR2-RAM (2x1GB DIMMs) (Total number of RAM slots: 4 , Max RAM capacity: 8GB)
  3. 1TB HardDisk
  4. Built-in graphics Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family with Memory size – 256 MB
  5. 500W SMPS (switched power supply)
  6. Windows 7 -64bit OS.

I wish to upgrade my RAM and Graphics card.

These are my queries…

• If I add an additional 4GB DDR2- RAM (2 x 2GB DIMMs ) will they go hand in hand with the existing 2GB DDR2 – RAM (2 x 1GB DIMMS)? If they wont work together, please suggest an alternate solution for the RAM upgrade.
  • Which graphic card would be optimal for my PC?¬†ATI or Nvidia? Please suggest a few compatible graphic card models.

Intel G33 Express Chipset isn't PCI Express 2.0, You have 1 x PCI Express x1 , 1 x PCI Express x16
    Intel G33 Motherboard Compatible Graphics Cards
    http://www.ehow.com/info_8482235_intel-motherboard-compatible-graphics-cards.html
    its up to your budget for graphic cards you can get HD 6770 ; GTX 550 Ti or higher but the speed you will get is the speed of your PCI Express X16

2. Jesse Z

yea the 4g ram upgrade should work just fine, just make sure you get 2 sets of the same pair of ram, e.g. 2-2gb of brand 1 model 1 ram + 2-2gb of brand 2 model 2 ram. Before you upgrade, go to task manager and see what is your weakest link. The weakest link is the component of your pc that's the "slowest" thus slowing down the rest of the system. Just keep task manager open when you work and when the system lags, check task manager for the most used component eg. if CPU is constantly at 100% and ram is at 60-70% then you're stuck. But the cheapest upgrade would be ram > SSD > graphics card. However, if you game on the system, then that's a whole different story. Hope this helps.