I am already using Google Drive to take notes, do I still need Evernote?

Sanctus Lee January 18, 2013

Google Drive is good enough for taking notes, right?

1. Mahesh Kumar

Google drive is what i use to take notes. Best part is that it is all synchronized. Even if i delete in one file by mistake it goes to the recycle bin and is not deleted for ever that way i can even recover it later..

2. Ignacio Cual

I can't relate one service to the other. I have an account on both, but they each serve a different purpose entirely.

3. Dave Jackson

#OneNote is my preferene and has been for almost a decade

4. salim benhouhou

yes , i believe evernote still the best way

5. shaurya gupta

If you think you are okay with it then continue,else switch.

Could Google Drive Be An Evernote Alternative?

to take note Google Drive is enough

some prefers Google Drive for notes/documents and Evernote for web clips
    Evernote another advantage you can take screen image then paste it into the Evernote Windows App. With Google Drive you have to save the file, and then can drag it into a document.

Evernote allows both free and premium users to share notebooks privately with other Evernote users. Notebooks shared by premium users have the option of being editable by the users with whom the notebook is shared. In other words, if a premium user shares a notebook with Fred the free user, the premium user may choose to allow free user to edit the shared notebook.

Real-time collaboration
    Real-time, character-by-character collaboration
    •Google Docs
    •Google Sheets
    •Google Slides
    •Google Drawings

5 Cool Features That Prove Evernote Is Still A Kick-Ass Service

How To Use Evernote: The Missing Manual

7 Tips & Tricks To Get The Most Out Of Google Drive

Google Drive Tips

A Look At Google Drive, Google’s Long-Awaited Cloud Storage Service

7. Saurav Azad

no i don't think so stick with drive if you are comfortable with it .

If Google drive can satisfy your needs then you do not need to go for a paid service like ever note.
    Although evernote do have some advantages over google drive for note taking.
    1: Available for almost all platforms (IOS, Android, Windows phone, Windows, Mac).
    2: syncs your note.
    3: supports notes via email
    4: Works offline and online (Even on mobile phones), Google won't allow offline document creation).
    5: Searches from scanned documents even from your phone.
    6: Have browser plugins for major desktop and mobile browsers.
    And many more.
    If you do not need all these you can just continue using Google drive.

9. Mihovil Pletikos

they are different things... if you need all options of endnote like audio, video notes use it... if not... stick to google... or even beter ms onenote

10. Lisa Santika Onggrid

If you're comfortable with your current solution, it's fine. No need to follow other's method. Evernote is and everything bucket, so if your notes are composed of interconnected multimedia files it might give you more flexibility. For plain texts, Google Drive is okay. I personally use Dropbox for accomplishing the same task.

11. Ashwin Ramesh

Well it all depends on your needs. Both have certain advantages and disadvantages. I use Evernote. But Google Drive sure is a better option. Maybe I'll have to think of switching now :)