How can I hyperlink images on my iPad to websites?

Carol Green December 30, 2011

Does anyone know of a simple way to create an image which is hyperlinked to a specific website on an iPad?

I know how to do it on a PC, but haven’t a clue about Apple stuff! Just want the kids to click on the app style link to take them to a site without using bookmarks etc.

Where is this image going to be placed? 

- If you mean it's literally an image file in the photo browser, then no, thats impossible to link anywhere. The image browser… browses images, not websites. 

- If you mean, "how do I code a custom application consisting of a bunch of images linked to websites?" then thats quite a large topic, so I'd like to clarify before I go into detail there. 

- If you mean, "how do I make the images on a webpage link to a website?", then it works just the same as on a pc, ie, by surround the img tag with a h href= tag (HTML). 

Could you clarify what you're trying to achieve here? Thanks

• Danbivona

I am trying to add a linked fb icon to a group email so that readers might click directly to it fb page- AND I'm working on an iPad or iPhone. Is this possible?

The actual code is the same, all devices that browse the web use HTML, so no problems there. The problem with the iPad and all current iOS devices is that no mobile browser can access local files, probably for security reasons. A file viewer may open it as a webpage, but I am unsure if there is one will let you open the links.